Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

Now, Baha and I usually agree on things, but here we don't.  WN and B6 have
some of the best service in the air.  Their F/A's are always nice and
attentive, unlike airlines like NW and UA.  jetBlue has TV and assigned seats.  WN
always runs on-time and does not lose things, so who cares if you have to choose
your seat on the plane.  Most people get their seats at the counter anyway.
Arena seating makes it easier to get Exit Row.  Also, B6 and especially WN have
great frequent flyer programs.  TrueBlue is cool and novel, and RapidRewards
is just plain easy and worth it.  You can book 4 online roundtrips from LA to
Vegas for 55 round trip and then get a round trip ticket good anywhere WN
flies.  That is a damn good program.  Who needs bad food that you can't get anymore
anyway.  Also, B6 is now offering the same kind of legroom that UA does in
their premium cabin, and they do it without whining about losing money

AA
Smart, unlike the airline

In a message dated 8/11/2003 12:12:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,