Re: More Ch. 9 stuff

I can remember holding for a long time over PHL because of bad "haze" (read:
much worse smog than I have ever seen in LA).

I did spend an extra day in JNU because of bad overcast conditions.  My uncle
lived there for 7 years, he was a controler at JNU (official tower code is
JFT, Juneau F'ing Tower, no joke).  I flew up on the old Delta summer service,
on an increadibly uncomfortable 727.  The flight went LAX-SEA-JNU-Fairbanks.
Anyway, DL would not cut holes in the fog like AS, as their pilots did not have
the same experience in "bush" flying.  DL missed the approach twice and
continued to SEA.  So, I got to see "In the Line of Fire" that night with my uncle,
aunt and her over bearing mother.  Anyway, the next day, DL missed once and I
thought I would be there another day.  We sat in the terminal and then saw AS
land their 734.  That cut a hole, and all the DL PAX clapped when they saw
the three holer drop in