Re: 747 domestic

I remember, once, many years ago, I was flying YYZ to YUL on a late Friday afternoon.  Got to the flight late (tied up with customer), myself and two colleagues got the last three seats on the flight.  It was an AC 747-100 (ship 304 and my first ever 747 ride), packed to the tail as you say.  At that time if memory serves, they were in two-class configuration (this was the pre-J days) of Y and Z, and held something like 416 pax.

You can imagine what 416 pax were like around one of those puny little YUL baggage carousels (the old pre-renovation ones).  And I had checked bags (was travelling with technical equipment).  Oy vay!  what a mess!

The reason for all the commotion was that it was grand-prix weekend in Montreal.

Mike Gammmon