Re: It's a Bird ... It's a Plane ... It's Southwest Airlines in a New A&E Net...

In a message dated 7/31/2003 8:30:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gfoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm sorry too, Jim, but the UK TV license fee sounds very much like a tax
 me, and turning it over to a single corporation sounds a lot like a
 government subsidy.

 I also like the BBC.  Sometimes I wish we had something similar, but then I
 think about American politicians!!!  American businessmen are bad enough. >>

Well we do.  It is called the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the
Republicans are constantly trying to cut its funding.  It is the main reason PBS
stays on the air, as it provides a lot of the funding.