SF Gate: Air Canada restructures aircraft leases

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SF Gate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/news/archive/2003/07/21/f=
inancial1627EDT0215.DTL

Monday, July 21, 2003 (AP)
Air Canada restructures aircraft leases

   (07-21) 13:27 PDT (AP) --
   MONTREAL (Dow Jones/AP) -- Air Canada Monday said it reached an agreement
with International Lease Finance Corp., the airline's second largest
operating lessor, on restructured lease terms for 12 aircraft in its
fleet.
   The detailed terms of the agreement with Los Angeles-based ILFC, a unit =
of
American International Group, are confidential.
   As part of the agreement, the Canadian air carrier, which filed for
bankruptcy protection on April 1, will recommence payment of aircraft rent
to ILFC, Air Canada said.
   With the agreement, Air Canada has renegotiated leases on 121 aircraft.
   "With our two largest aircraft lessors now on board, we are focused on
completing the majority of our remaining lease agreements by our July 31
target date and moving quickly to the next phase of restructuring," said
Robert Milton, Air Canada's president and chief executive.
   ILFC leases and markets commercial jet aircraft. It holds a portfolio
valued at more than $30 billion.

=20
Copyright 2003 AP