Re: Thomas Cook and their 753s

In a message dated 7/21/2003 1:21:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DENNMASS@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I really hate it when names and liveries like BCal's and Condor are
 eliminated for forgettable ones.

DE's livery, like LH, is one of the only good Eurowhites (LH, DE and B6).
Also, DE is a very old airline, actually older than the current Lufthansa
(spelled as 1 word, not Luft Hansa).  It is idotic to kill all that history, and
give it a stupid name and a stupid livery to boot.  Ever see a DE DC-10 in all
silver with engines and tail in yellow?  That is amazing

 Not that I regard the use of names like National,

I actually thought they had a chance.  I think they expanded too fast and had
too few seats on the 752s

PRINAIR,Caribair, etc on
 airlines that have nothing to do, nor are even shadows of the original ones.
 By the way, I agree, the disposal of the 753 stinks. >>

It is not just a nostalgic thing, or a looks thing, the 753 is an amazing
airplane.  The damn thing is perfect for charter carriers, and I have no clue why
they would get rid of them.  Toss the A320s, 752s, anything but the 753s.  Do
you know how many German's fly to Majorca?  They could fill another 8 of
those things, everyday.  In the Summer, they could fill them to Finland and other
Scan destinations.  Look at ATA.  They replaced the LAX/SFO-OGG and
LAX/SFO-HNL L1011s with 753s, and are kicking the hell out of UA, DL and AA