Ch.9 funs yesterday

I was flying SEA-DEN-EWR yesterday and both flights had interesting
Ch.9 incidences.

The funniest of all was at SEA while we were at the gate. The UA
flight was still boarding and the ground freq. was on. Many flights
were leaving and it was pretty busy around 8:00 am. Suddenly an
announcement was heard which went like "Ladies and gentlemen,
welcome to Southwest flight XXX with service to Salt Lake City. Our
flight time will be this many hrs and the weather is ..." In a
nutshell the pilot made the pax announcement on the air at the
ground frequency to which the controller replied " Am I moving
again?"

The pilot replied "Sorry about that".. Another pilot came on and
said "I have never done that".. All of a sudden the ground frequency
was full of remarks like "yeehaw" , "Opps I did it again" and "har
har har" . :)

It was really funny.. Felt like all these pilots were having fun and
act like kids again..

On the flight from DEN to EWR while we were taxing to runway 8, our
pilot asked the tower controller what were the cranes doing around
the tower. It turns out that the people who contructed the DEN
airport forgot to put lightning rods to the tower. So, they were
adding rods to the tower. The controller said " If you ask me it's
the wast of taxpayers money. Who would need a rod, when you have 360
foot thing sticking out ..." .. Captain replied "I bet you feel
pretty secure in there...". The last comment by controller was "you
have no idea" in a sarcastic way of course..

The last incident was in EWR. We landed on runway 22L and passed the
hold short line. In stead of switching to the ground frequency the
pilot switched to the approach. I was hearing the controller giving
approach clearences to the other aircraft but I was thinking that
this could be the case where the Ch.9 is tuned to another frequency
other than the active ones that pilots use. Of course, that was
prooved wrong when approach called us with "United 8166, do you
copy?". the pilot replied and was told that ground controller was
looking for him.

All this time we were holding short of rwy 22R. So we actually had
to switch to tower frequency instead of the ground.. We contacted
the ground and ground controller told us to contact the tower and he
was not happy. When we switched back to tower the controller told us
that we were supposed to listen to him. While he was speaking the
Ch.9 started to broadcast some kind of elevator music. :) Gotta love
that..

BAHA
Fan of Ch.9 and free entertaintment that comes with it :)

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/DmVolB/TM
Skyone URL:
  http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/Skyone