Re: FW: Three Hole Salute

On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 09:53  AM, Gerard M Foley wrote:
> Whatever BA called themselves when the Trident was designed

BEA (British European Airways).  They merged with BOAC (British
Overseas Airways Corporation) to form BA (British Airways) in 1973-74.

I got my one and only Trident ride from London Heathrow to Paris Orly
in August 1968.  All I remember of the flight was that the captain
announced in advance that the landing would be done completely
automatically, and that the Trident had the world's only complete
automatic landing system for all weather conditions.  The landing was
bumpy, but everyone clapped and cheered anyway.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx