NYTimes.com Article: At the Air Show, the U.S.-France Rift Shows

--part1_189.1aff4d79.2c20c7dd_boundary

 So they hand Boeing cash, but hurt their chances at legit business.  I
wonder if any of this also has to do with the fact that Emirates only made 4 new
773 ER orders?  You know, I think that a lot of people fail to realize that the
French were responsible for our freedom in the first place, kept us free
nearly 2 decades later, sold us half our country for a song, and helped keep the
union together.

 In a message dated 6/17/2003 5:57:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,