Re: Northeast service from MIA to LAX

I haven't forgotten them but that was in the late 70's after deregulation
started and we were talking about 727 operating ranges, not DC10's.

Western's loads were absolutely pathetic on a big DC10 because I kept track
of them for the first month or two after they started and still have the
figures somewhere in my archives.  The service didn't last that long and I remember
a few B707 operations when they had equipment substitutions.  One Western DC10
got trapped at MIA during the entire DC10 grounding period too.  Toward the
end they added the FLL tag on (not sure about NAS) but that only doubled their
landing fees at MIA and didn't improve loads that much.  Service was withdrawn
shortly thereafter because of the existing competition (National with
non-stops, Continental with one-stops, etc.).

Jose Prize
Fan of history