Re: Sports Charters (was Whose 727?)

As far as I know, only 1 737-100 was used for team charters. With the 737
series (except for the 800/900), you cannot get the same number of seats into
the aircraft at the same pitch as you can in a 727-200.  The 727-200 has a
maximum seating capacity of 189 versus the 737's 140 or so (again,except for
the 800/900 series).

The 727 can also reach anyplace in the USA from any other place in the USA
nonstop.

Besides, regardless of what anyone else says, the 727 looks like it wants to
fly as opposed to all these damn twin engine look-a-likes. :)

The 757 was made as a replacement for the 727 but only in capacity.  As far as
short-field capabilities, it doesn't even come close to matching that of the 727
David R