Re: Shuttle America

Mike Burris wrote:

> AIRLINE:
> Hello everyone.  Happy Saturday!
> Does anyone know the whereabouts of Shuttle America?  The airline was
> last heard of
> a few summer's ago when it had some financial problems.  They had
> scheduled service
> from BED to New Jersey and upstate New York.

Shuttlecraft served a number of markets from a Trenton hub; among them
Bedford, Greensboro, and a couple of others using Dash 8s.  If I
remember correctly, they started around 1998ish, but by late 2000/early
2001, declared bankruptcy and signed an affiliation with US.  The Dash
8s were disappeared (seized or returned) and were re-outfitted with
Saabs.  The routes during this little interregnum were TTN-BED, BED-PHL,
and I believe BED-PIT.  A short while ago, the corporate headquarters
was moved from Windsor Locks, CT (BDL) to Fort Wayne, IN (FWA), and they
now serve Saab-scale destinations ex PIT with US colours.
Matthew :)