Re: Strike by air traffic controllers looms, threatens airport operations

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alireza Alivandivafa" <DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: Strike by air traffic controllers looms, threatens airport
operations

B787300@xxxxxxx
> writes:
>
> <<  Don't they have a 20-year retirement plan? >>
>
> They can retire in 20, but that is the early retirement age when the full
> pension kicks in.  They can keep working until 50, like pilots.  Then, if
they
> wish, they can try to work in a contract tower while collecting pension.
>     Say someone who was 28 at the time had kept on until now.  They would
> just be retiring.  Demand for the job would have kept up with the supply
of jobs,
> instead of having the rush that came in after PATCO comming close to
> retirement age and not enough people interested in the job, or not willing
to do the
> college courses along with the regular training.

Boy I'm not certain where you get your information from but there are
thousands of qualified folks out there that have applied and are waiting to
be hired today.  Take a look at this http://www.stuckmic.com  .  And then
tell us about a lack of interest in brcoming an air traffic controller.

Al