Re: YMX - and Toronto

In a message dated 6/6/2003 2:30:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DENNMASS@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I dont know if it was connected to the SST, but I once heard that the long
 strip by Big Cypress Park was supposed to have develop into an Int'l
Airport. I
 don't know if it would have complemented or substituted MIA. Once trekked in
 the park and was lucky to have a Southern Air 747 practice approaches there
all
 morning right on top of us.
 By the way, the gov't in PR is looking for investors to further develop BQN
 as an In't Airport. How if we all chip some dough and run our own aiport? ;-)
 PS- I hear the derelict Connie there is abvout to get restored. Wish the DH
 Herons thrown there could get some TLC too.

So that is what, 5 Connies that will be air worthy?  I am lucky enough to see
2 of them on a regular basis.  My parents live in Camarillo and my uncle is
an ATC at CMA, and I see the 2 connies there all the time.  The one painted
like AF1 flies much more than the one in Air Force colors.  The ATC people are
always scared to see those things go up, as they are 60 some odd years old.