Fwd: INFO: ITALYNEWS

> >Hi to all,
> >further news from the busy italian scene:
> >

> >AIR ALPS, today in Bologna, the managing director Mr. Bevilacqua has
>presented the new route Stuttgart-Bologna-Lamezia Terme in operations from
>May 5th. 2003. This is the new expansion phase of the project Euroeregio,
>where Air Alps now with 7 Doriners 329 serve various destinations located
>not only in Austria, country of origin of this airline but also with
>destinations in Germany, The Netherland, Switzerland, Italy. Routes=
 operated
>in conjunction with the major flag carrier of the coountry of destination
>such as KLM to Amsterdam, Swiss to Zurich and Alitalia regarding operations
>to Italy and via Rome.
> >More than 580000 passengers has been carried until now with an annual
>ivoice close to 30 million of Euro in 2002 and 186 peoples employed. This
>new summer season starts with new flights like the rotation today=
 presented,
>but also the seasonals flights from Vienna to Siena, Siena to Olbia, Bozen
>to Cagliari, Olbia, Naples, Lamezia Terme, Parma to Olbia and the charter
>rotations from Bern to Elba. Cancelled the rotation from Stuttgart to Rome,
>reduced from five to four the weekly flights from Bern to Rome.
>Stuttgart-Rome now operated from Alitalia and in sharing with Air Alps.
>Declaring about the future, Mr Bevilacqua says "soon the eight prop will
>join the fleet and new projects will starts with this new plane".
> >The route Stuttgart-Bologna-Lamezia will satisfy the business demand with
>origin from the two regions, Baden Wurtemberg and Emila Romagna, where
>important automotive brands while Mercedes, Bosch, Audi are based there and
>here famous similar trade marks such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Masrati,
>Ducati and also the small-major size industry present in this place.=
 Nearest
>locations like Florence, Rimini, Venice, Verona are reachable easiest via
>motorway or railway thanks to the generous interesting crossway position of
>the main city of Emilia Romagna.
> >
> >ALITALIA, the board has decided regarding the finacial proposal discussed
>with Barclays Bank for a 10 year financing operation of the value of 544
>million of USD in order to purchase further 6 B777's.
> >
> >MERIDIANA, in this summer season will offer the 7% more capacity in the
>network with  236 thousand seats available and 132 more weekly flights.
> >The increase hits Sicily with 11% more
> >La compagnia aumenter=E0 dell=9211% more, 56 weekly additional flights to=
=20
> Sardinia.
> >With effect June 1st to end of September will resume the seasonal routes=
 on
>Bergamo-Olbia, Olbia-Naples and Olbia-Turin these latest two from 14th of
>June to 14th of September, the non stop seasonal flight  Olbia-Pisa.
> >Two flight a day seasonals from Olbia to Venice and Verona, whereas 4 are
>the daily flights from  Catania to Rome and 2 from Bologna to Naples.
> >In August are suspended 2 of 5 daily flights from  Verona-Rome, 1 of 2 on
>Naples-Linate and the Olbia-Cagliari route.
> >
> >WINDJET, has opened the web site where the customers can book the low=
 cost
>flights offered from this new low cost domestic carrier where on June 18th.
>2003 will start with four 180 seater A320, with a medium average of 5=
 years.
>Further six aircrafts will be introduced when the business plan is
>completed. In this phase the palnes rotates from Palermo to Rome=
 FCO/Forli',
>Catania to Forli'/Rome FCO, Lampedusa to Forli'/Palermo. Next addition is
>Milan and various international destinations.
> >from CATANIA
> >CATANIA - ROMA FIUMICINO
> >from June 18th. 2003
> >06.50 08.00 daily JET2222
> >14.25 15.35 daily JET2226
> >18.10 19.20 daily JET2268
> >CATANIA -  Forl=EC
> >from June 18th. 2003
> >10.35 11.55 daily JET1300
> >from PALERMO
> >PALERMO - ROMA FIUMICINO
> >from July 9th. 2003
> >06.50 07.50 daily JET1222
> >13.55 14.55 daily JET1226
> >18.00 19.00 daily JET1268
> >PALERMO - Forl=EC
> >from July 9th.
> >10.15 11.30 daily JET1402
> >PALERMO - LAMPEDUSA
> >from July 12th. 2003
> >10.20 11.00 saturday JET1001
> >from ROMA FIUMICINO
> >ROMA FIUMICINO - CATANIA
> >from June 18th. 2003
> >08.45 09.55 daily JET2223
> >16.20 17.30 daily JET2227
> >20.05 21.10 daily JET2269
> >ROMA FIUMICINO - PALERMO
> >from June 18th. 2003
> >08.35 09.35 daily JET1223
> >16.20 17.20 daily JET1227
> >19.45 20.45 daily JET1269
> >from  Forl=EC
> >Forl=EC - CATANIA
> >from June 18th. 2003
> >12.25 13.45 daily JET1301
> >Forl=EC - PALERMO
> >from July 9th. 2003
> >12.00 13.15 daily JET1403
> >Forl=EC - LAMPEDUSA
> >from June 28th. 2003
> >14.05 15.45 saturday JET1801
> >from LAMPEDUSA
> >LAMPEDUSA -  Forl=EC
> >from Jly 28th. 2003
> >11.45 13.25 saturday JET1802
> >LAMPEDUSA - PALERMO
> >from July 12th. 2003
> >16.25 17.05 saturday JET1002
> >In the web site company is presented with a slogan, "we born low cost".
>Concepts similar to the normal low cost such as the low fares categories.
>The strangely thing is the not presence of any kind of service, free or
>under payment. Nothing and nothing. Limited otsourcing to the necessary is
>another policy of this carrier.
> >
> >Byezz from Italy,
> >Marco

Hi to all,
after a couple of weeks busy to configure the new PC, I'm again here to=20
report some news from Italy:

AIR BLU' is a new third level carrier based in Trieste with intention to=20
start-up regular flights from Trieste to Paris CDG (2 times a day) and two=
=20
times a week from Trieste to Bucarest and Trieste to Moscow. Fleet is based=
=20
on Canadair CRJ200 and after with ATR42/500.

AIR ITALICA plans to start its regular flights on June 23rd. with a single=
=20
ATR72. AOC is granted from Alisea Airlines. The airplane is based at=20
Bergamo. The airline headquarter is in Pescara. Routes are=20
Pescara-Bergamo/Milan Mxp/Venice from Monday to Friday. Pescara-Split on=20
saturday and sunday, extended five times a week from the end of July. A=20
seasonal Pescara-Olbia is also operated in the peak season.
Web site si open at www.airitalica.com

AIR ONE will start in these days the route Trapani-Bari-Venice with=20
B737/400 150Y.

ALITALIA, continues the protests and the strikes of the flight attendants=20
after the airline decision to reduce the personnel aboard of its planes=20
starting from the domestic flights. Reduction plans to cut from four to=20
three peoples pour flight. With effect June 1st. 2003 has planned this new=
=20
crew configuration, yesterday more than the 50% of the personnel in service=
=20
has been declared as sicked and consequently part of the scheduled was been=
=20
cancelled. Today more than 110 flights was been cancelled. Yesterday=20
evening the airline has change policy resuming the configuration previously=
=20
in service. The decision to cut the flght attendants in service on each=20
flight was been performed to lower the operative costs of the 7-8%.=20
Alisnack also is the new brand of the catering box now available onboard=20
and prepared from the catering service to reduce the manpower aboard of the=
=20
airlines in order to reduce the costs.
In a newspaper during the past week was been published the future financial=
=20
plan for the next three yeras where Alitalia will reduce the presence at=20
Milan Linate, from 2006 will be available only the shuttle Milan-Rome and=20
the new destinatiions planned to be added or resumed.
 From Milan Linate in summer 2004 only the flights to Rome, Naples,=20
Palermo, Catania, London , Paris, Madrid
 From Milan Mxp in summer 2004 new destinations added are: CPH, SKG, IEV,=20
TSR, KRK, BIO, ZAG, TSR, Shanghai, IAD.

 From Milan Linate in summer 2005 only the flights to Rome, Naples,=20
Catania, London , Paris
 From Milan Mxp in summer 2005 new destinations added are: St. Petersburg,=
=20
Cincinnati, Manchester, Peking. Atlanta.

 From Milan Linate in summer 2006 only the flights to Rome.
 From Milan Mxp in summer 2006 new destinations added are: Johannesburg,=20
Delhi and Rio de Janeiro.

Destinations as S.Francisco, Los Angeles, Singapore and Bangkok will be=20
resumed from a partner operator.

Will drop with effect June '03 the route Malpensa-Osaka, the route=20
Rome-Tokyo from B777 to B767. Plus the B777 will be introduced on the=20
following routes starting:03Jun03 Rome-Osaka. 01Nov03 Rome-Buenos Aires,=20
11Feb04 Rome-Sao Paulo. From Milan to Buenos Aires from 02Nov03, 08Feb04=20
Milan-Sao Paulo and 02Mar04 Milan-Miami.

Starting this month starts to phase-out the 8 MD11. The latest flight is=20
planned not more than September or starting October.

May 31st. is out from a couple of days and no details are available=20
regarding the possible joint venture with Meridiana, uncorfirmed sources=20
reports that Meridiana has considered to low the price offered for the 20%=
=20
batch of shares.

Rumours reports also some talks with Air One.

PUGLIA AIR is a new operator that intends to operate regular flights=20
starting this month from Foggia to Milan and Rome FCO using an ATR42=20
wet-leased from Italy First. At the end of June will start the route Milan=
=20
Mxp-Foggia, at the end of October the routes from Foggia to Rome FCO and=20
Palermo. A joint venture was been signed between a financial group European=
=20
Financial Investment headed from Paolo Bergamaschi and Promodaunia  Public=
=20
resources are available to promote and launch these flights, exactly 540=20
thousand Euro for the first year, 350 thousand in the second and 200=20
thousand in the third. Each operational are confirmed in advance of 60 days=
=20
each year. The basic fare for these flights starts from around 100 Euro one=
=20
way.

THAI INT. is looking to open a two times a week rotation from Milan Mxp to=
=20
Bangkok depending fronm the air travel market crisis after the SARS hit the=
=20
South East Asia.
VOLAREWEB has dropped the intention to add the route Milan Mxp-Hahn with=20
effect mid June '03.