From: B787300@xxxxxxx [mailto:B787300@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: Airport official: replacement for United may be necessary

The PFC is a drop in the bucket compared to the other fees that airports
charge airlines for landing fees and various other fees that different
airports charge.  Airlines look at what they have to pay and come up with
what it costs per average passenger and hopefully give that figure some
consideration in computing their fares to that city.

Denver's fees are high because of the amount of bonds they have to pay off
that were used for the acquisition and construction of the airport.  I
believe that's why Continental said adios.  I don't think you'll ever see
Southwest at a high fee airport like DEN or MIA, especially when they can
serve closeby FLL and PBI for peanuts compared to what it would cost them at
MIA and suffer no delays behind banks of 30 AA flights all trying to get out
in a half hour time frame.  I hope they start service to Colorado Springs
which has been begging them for years to start service in order to drive down
fares on the airlines now serving COS.  It's a nice darn airport except they
need a parking garage instead of huge open lot, particularly during the
winter.

Jose Prize
Fan of COS getting cheap LUV