Re: Best Looking Airliners

From: "Greg" <Filmscape@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 10:13 AM

> I have to cast my vote as follows...
<snip>

> Uglliest Jet: VFW 614 - What were they thinking?

Obviously there wasn't room under the wings for the engines, and apparently
they didn't want them on the fuselage (didn't want to pay royalties?).  Why,
though, did they have them push instead of pull?  Who is/was VFW?

I go with almost everyone on the Connie for the best looking prop, but I
nominate the Electra (four-engine) for worst.   Maybe it's just because I
was so scared about the wings staying on while I was aboard.   I agree the
StratoLiner was pretty ugly.

Jets all look a lot alike.  I think the classic 737's are pretty ugly on the
ground.  The gooselike MD-8? is nice in the air.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://members.fortunecity.com/gfoley/egypt/egypt.html