Frontier Airlines installs new marketing campaign

Frontier Airlines installs new marketing campaign

DENVER (AP) =97 Frontier Airlines has launched a $30 million advertising=20
campaign to promote the carrier as a good-natured friend from Colorado.=20
It's the first time the Denver-based discount airline, which is 9 years=20
old, has hired an outside advertising agency. Denver television stations=20
started airing a new series of advertisements Monday that feature the=20
animals pictured on the tails of Frontier's planes talking and trading=20
jabs. The advertisements seek to emphasize the airline's friendly service=20
and convenience rather than its fares. "We want to become the airline of=20
choice, which will increase our (percentage of seats filled)," said Diane=20
Willman, Frontier's director of advertising. "We are doing what it takes to=
=20
survive and win here in Colorado." Officials are also considering=20
partnering with Denver restaurants like Chipotle to offer free, onboard=20
meals, introducing curbside and Web-based check-in and waiving change fees=
=20
as an attempt to boost customer service. This move comes while Frontier's=20
principal competitor in Denver, United Airlines, is struggling in=20
bankruptcy, and airline industry revenues as a whole are sagging.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/