Hispanic group files discrimination complaint against PanAm

Hispanic group files discrimination complaint against PanAm

DELTONA, Fla. (AP) =97 PanAm Airways discriminates against Hispanic fliers=
 by=20
routinely delaying flights between Orlando-Sanford International Airport=20
and San Juan, Puerto Rico by at least three hours, according to a complaint=
=20
filed by the Volusia County Hispanic Association. Zenaida Denizac, the=20
association's president, said the complaint was sent last month to the U.S.=
=20
Department of Transportation. Officials at PanAm's corporate headquarters=20
in Portsmouth, N.H. did not return calls seeking comment. "This would not=20
be happening if we were Anglos," Denizac said. "PanAm is trying to lift its=
=20
business off the backs of Hispanics. I have flown other airlines to San=20
Juan and I have never experienced such horrible delays." Frequent traveler=
=20
Israel Lopez of Winter Springs vows he will no longer fly PanAm. "These=20
delays are not the exception," Lopez said. "They're the norm." Department=20
of Transportation officials in Washington had received Denizac's complaint=
=20
by last week but would not say whether there would be an investigation. DOT=
=20
spokesman Bill Mosley said the federal agency monitors the flight delays of=
=20
only the country's largest airlines. PanAm is not one of them. "They're not=
=20
even required to report their delays to us," Mosley said. Sanford Airport=20
Authority President Larry Dale said he did not believe the delays were=20
intentional. "They are due to mechanical problems or weather," Dale said.=20
"No airline wants to fly with delays."

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/