Re: Big planes vs. little ones

In a message dated 5/9/2003 8:13:55 PM Central Standard Time,
DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx writes:

>   Yes, AA owns Eagle, and I have no idea what TWA was doing with their
> pilots but the AA unions and AA had promised to integrate TWA employees
> based
> on seniority and seem to have reneged

AA owns AE and AE has/had a flowthrough to AA.  But, and there is always a
but, it is also a flowback.  Those guys that went up to AA came back to the
top of the AE list.  Now, with the new contract, APA is planning on putting
more pilots on top of the AE list than flowed up, which doesn't jive with the
Eagle contract.  I don't know how this will work out so we have to wait and
see.

As far as TWA, I think I can shed some light, but I might be a little off.  I
believe all but the pilots ended up with a straight staple and a promise of
"continued employment" whatever that means.  The pilots were primarily
stapled, but some of the senior guys, more on that in a moment, were
integrated on a one for eight basis.  This is why the furloughs are so heavy
to the former TWA folks.

As far as where the integration started, I am not 100% sure but I heard the
term "last legitimate captain" which meant the last guy hired before the
first bankruptcy.  This was from the APA, so don't flame me about it.  My
understanding of this is that is where they started the integration moving
up.

Jim

Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain