Re: LAX-Italy service

AZ flew the 767 MXPSFO.  As others have said...it is pretty much a yield
thing...I'm sure loads were struggling and if the planes ever were full,
it was people on $400 r/t fares.  Even at 100% load factor, the flight
would still lose money.

AF, LH and the like can make LAX-CDG/FRA/MUC etc. work because there is
enough local business demand and a lot more connectivity at the European
hub.  People will fly AF LAX-MXP via CDG, but no one will fly AZ LAX-CDG
via MXP...