From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alireza Alivandivafa
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 11:57 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LAX-Italy service

They actually dropped them at the same time, I believe.  I don't see why =
an
MD-11 could not have had the economics.  It is a very efficient plane =
that I
actually like better than the 777, but it got lost in corporate =
politics.
Remember, no ETOPS and still good economy.  767 would be way too small =
for a
route of that length.  It is like when AA tried LAX-CDG with one and did =
not
make money.  I think Alitalia should have taken one of the new 777s, or =
even
the 744s that now have G-V... regs and driven down the fares they were
charging.  That would have filled planes and made money