Re: Marine One

Jim,
If a boat is carrying an officer with a command to a ship, it identifies
itself by the command. Thus, USS Enterprise for the CO of the Enterprise,
6th Fleet for the commanding admiral of the 6th Fleet, or, for the
President, United States. When the President is on a naval vessel, that
ship flies the President's flag from its mast.

How a fishing skiff fits into this is beyond my knowledge :-).

john

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.
Department of Mathematics