Catering on the plane

Well, not with only liquor but I have seen where both flight and cabin crews freeload themselves on the non-alcoholic beverages like sodas, juices and bottled water and the snack - I wonder who is "keeping an eye" on these free loaders ? I have seen flight attendants walking off the plane with big bulky personal bags packed with cans of sodas, juices and bottled water.And I also have heard stories from a catering manager with US Airways Express at LGA where flight attendants from Chattauqua Airlines do a round trip say LGA to BUF and back asking more catering that the aircraft catering bins can store or stash away and on the return flight where the flight is also stocked at BUF arrives back at LGA where it needs to be fully restocked.I really wonder why these petty crews "steal" catering goods for their own while they give you as a passenger inflight no more than half a can of soda or whatever which is the norm nowadays....

Jim Fuoco wrote:Inventory control on items, particularly liqour is very poor. I have
heard of a major airline which estimates that it loses $600 per F/A per
year in lost revenue from liquor sales by F/As--this includes F/As giving
minis away, taking some home, or selling to pax and pocketing the cash.

At won't point, as a F pax on an HP flight, I contributed to that number,
as a very nice friendly F/A wrapped me a couple bottles of wine to go.