Re: Concorde Ends in October

From: "Leo Futia" <klm871_india@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 9:09 AM

<snip>

> Concorde entered commercial service on Jan. 21 1976, with a British
Airways flight from London to Bahrain, and an Air France flight from Paris
to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Thanks, Leo.

London to Bahrain sounds like flying over a lot of populated land.   How
loud is the Concorde at sea level?   I always wondered if I would hear one
on a transatlantic ship crossing, but never did.

I know what the fighter planes were like during the 1960's when they didn't
care much about the sonic boom.  It really shook you.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html