Re: DEN as a hub

Denver would work as a hub if the world was dominated by A319s and 737s
connecting mid-size cities to hubs.

But alas, the world has changed.

RJs are the name of the game for a lot of reasons.

Denver, being at least an hour and half from any major population
centers on the west coast or mid-west/south either means very
infrequent A319/737 service, or LONG hauls on an RJ.

That's why 4 hours on a Delta 757 connecting to a 40 minute CRJ flight
is more appealing than either one or two 2.5 hour segments on an RJ.

Therefore cities like Phoenix, Cincinnati, Atlanta,Washington Dulles,
Pittsburgh, Philly should do well as hubs. Additionally cities such as
San Fran, L.A., Chicago, New York/Newark do well with the O&D traffic
added in.

Just my opinion...

Matthew