For the very first time....

Was at work today, when I got a text message on my mobile phone, which
read...

"Arrived 0550 at PIK, AN-22 UR-09307, ETD unknown"

Jeez, arranged to finish work early, drove home, picked up camera, tripod,
ladders, and sped 60 miles to Glasgow Prestwick (EGPK/PIK), to find my first
ever Antonov 22, resplendent in the evening sunshine.

It started engines around 1850 local, and departed after a looooong run up
of the contra rotating props at around 1925. A beautiful sight to behold,
and my favourite for photos of the year.

If anyone wishes to see a couple of 'em, please e-mail me offlist.

Jim