Re: Cathay Pacific Airways inquiry

Yes, the masks are due to SARS.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Stanley Powroznik
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 3:14 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cathay Pacific Airways inquiry

Fellow listers....

Has anyone on the list have flown on CX out of HKG in recent weeks and
noticing anything unusual worn by the flight attendants inflight ?

I am returning from a business trip last Saturday flying out of HKG to
LAX to fly on the A340-600 and noticed that most of the flight
attendants on this flight were wearing surgical masks for the most of
the duration of the flight when they make their rounds in the aisles. I
noticed that it did alarmed certain passengers on the flight. I never
asked any one of them on why they were wearing masks, but I think it has
to do with the SARS diseases that have been emerging in recent weeks
from Asia and wearing the masks as a precaution.

Has anyone also encountered this same phenomena I experienced on CX or
on any other Asian carriers with flights originating from Asia ?  If
yes, please share your experiences in the forum or off-list.

Cheers,

Stan

---