Re: Why Some Hate the U.S.

Let's see:
1) About 18 months ago, four unarmed civilian airliners were hijacked, two
skyscrapers destroyed, and a U. S. government building damaged. 3000+
innocent civilians were killed by terrorists.
2) In 1998, two U. S. Embassies (Kenya and Tanzania) were bombed by
terrorists. 270+ innocent civilians killed.
3) In December 1988, a U. S. airliner, Pan Am's Clipper 103, was destroyed
in mid-air with 240+ inncoent civilians murdered.
4) In 1986, a U. S. airliner TWA Boeing 727, suffered severe damage due to a
bomb planted by Middle Eastern terrorists.
4) In 1985, the Achille Lauro cruise liner is hijacked and an innocent
passenger (an American)is executed.
5) Also in 1985, TWA's 847 was hijacked and an innocent passenger (an
American) was executed.
6) In 1969, three western airliners were hijacked and blown up or severly
damaged in the Syrian desert.  One of these was an American airliner.

Oh, the "Air Force hot shot flying a plane into a ski lift with 20 Europeans
on it, no one will apologize" story isn't completely true.  A Marine Corps
EA-6B Prowler hit the cable in the Italian Alps and, tragically, the skiers
were killed.  All four crew members on the EA-6B were court-martialed,
disciplined, dismissed from the service, and the pilot served a prison term.
  Restitution was made to the families of those killed in this  accident.

No folks, the U. S. owes nobody an apology when it seeks justice and is one
of a few countries that takes great pains to follow the Laws Of Armed
Conlict to the letter.  And, with the exception of Great Britain, please
tell me what other nation, in the middle of a war, very carefully attacks
legitimate military targets and then concurrently feeds the population of
that country?

The United States of America is not perfect and this country does make
mistakes.  But, there are still millions of folks who want to get a visa,
come to America, and try to attain the American dream.  They must see
something good that America has to offer for people that their home nation
doesn't offer to them.

Best Wishes to the list,
JCK
----