Re: Webseum of commercial aviation

Well I only checked the information on MIA in the airports section and
noticed a few mistakes:

(1) in the section about the hotel rooftop view, he says AA operates from 3
concourses at MIA when they use B, C, D and E and maybe a gate or two on F
when they're tight.  That's 4 at a minimum and maybe 5 concourses.

(2) his photo of a view from the hotel roof observation deck identifies the
concourse in the background at H when in fact it is E and the E-Satellite
terminal

(3) his photo of an AA, LM and JM says it's Concourse H but the concourse
shown on the right is F if you read the gate numbers on the walls

(4) his comment about old freighters says that some of them have moved to Opa
Laka Airport - try Opa-locka

(5) he says that the BWIA is known as "Bee Wees" (plural)

(6) the terminal comment says they removed the carpeting to expose the
original tiles.  The floor is terrazo which is poured into place and then
polished to death to bring out the small stone work.  It was a common floor
type down here in the 50's/60's and now worth a fortune compared to bare
concrete with carpet on top.

(7) a photo from takeoff shows Fine Air aircraft at their former leasehold on
the north side and identifies the hangar area as "former Pan Am base" when in
fact it was formerly Eastern's old base

I'm afraid to look anywhere else on the site for fear of finding more
inaccuracies.  He'll never get a job writing for Airliners or Airways.

Jose Prize
Fan of accuracy