Re: Begging The Question

From: "RT Simpson" <BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx>

Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 12:57 PM
<snip>

>  But the question that goes begging is:
> why would a pension fund invest in an airline?  Isn't their objective to
> protect and grow members money?

My assumption is that they already had a lot in it, invested in the
expectation of a return.  Maybe they're throwing good money after bad, but
lots of gamblers double their bets when they're losing.

I try not to gamble because my money is so much better that theirs.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html