Re: Triangle Cuts Dallas service Big-Time

At 04:48 PM 3/14/2003 -0800, Bryant Petitt wrote:
>And now it says that its Delta Connection commuter carrier will drop
>flights between Dallas/Love and its Atlanta hub. Last flight out is May 31. ...
>
>(It is hard to believe that not too many years ago DFW was a major hub for
>Triangle Air......You could go almost anywhere from there).

I'm surprised there are still ATL-DAL flights. I remember that DL had a
gate in Legend's terminal the only time I flew Legend, in August of 2000. I
had assumed that DL had pulled out of DAL due to gate availability when
Legend went under. (Remember, Legend built their own six gate terminal at
DAL because they couldn't get gates in the existing terminal.) I assumed
this Delta/Legend synergy was somehow related to the fact that Delta
handled gate operations for Legend at both LAX and IAD.

As for DFW as a hub, for Delta or AA, I still alternate between grimacing
and laughing at the thought. The airport may have lots of capable runways,
and the weather might often be hospitable for lots of airline operations,
but those terminals are hardly conducive to hub operations!

Nick