Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants ratify new contract

Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants ratify new contract

HONOLULU (AP) =97 Flight attendants at Hawaiian Airlines have ratified a new=
=20
package that is expected to save the carrier $3.5 million a year. About 87=
=20
percent of the flight attendants, represented by the Association of Flight=
=20
Attendants, cast their votes for the new contract that includes=20
concessions, the union said Monday. "Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants=20
have stepped up to the challenges in our turbulent industry by continuing=20
to provide the highest level of safety and service to our passengers,"=20
union official Sharon Soper said. "Now we are standing together to do our=20
part to ensure the long-term financial success of our airline." The=20
concessions allows Hawaiian more flexibility in scheduling and ability to=20
code share with American Eagle and America West airlines. Changes to the=20
reserve program =97 which is how flight attendants are scheduled for flights=
=20
=97 and modifications in the sick leave policy and accrual rates were also=
=20
made, the union said. The flight attendants preserved their pay and health=
=20
benefits. "In other words, the flight attendants are going to have to work=
=20
more to earn what they did before," union spokesman Jeff Zack said. A=20
flight attendant flying an average of 75 hours per month earns $15,876 in=20
the first year, $30,375 in the sixth year and $37,053 in the 20th year. The=
=20
Association of Flight Attendants has more than 50,000 members at 26=20
airlines. It represents 900 at Hawaiian.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/