Re: Long Range Bus Routes

Back to the long (narrow) bus route topic.

AC runs seasonal Vancouver-Miami and Toronto-Port of Spain runs which
clock in at a good 5-5 1/2 hours with an A319.

Every time I chat with my grandfather, 82 years old, it blows him away
that a plane with a wing span and length of 100 ft each can take off
and fly for 6 hours and land on a little itty-bitty runway... and
charge a passenger a few hundred bucks for the privilege. A far cry
from the beastly Merlin powered Lancaster's of WWII.

Mind you, we've almost reached the stage where you can buy a plane, off
the shelf, from Boeing or Airbus, and take off from any point on the
earth and reach any other point on the earth in one shot. How close are
we?

Matthew