Re: Upcoming Asia trip

"Give a hungry man a fish, he isn't hungry for a while.  Teach a man how to
fish and he's never hungry again." (or something like that.

So, what does that have to do with your posting?  Simple - I'm going to tell
you how to look up the equipment on your LAX-BKK then you and others can apply
this knowledge to other flights.

1.  Low tech way: call the airline
2.  high tech ways (at least two ways!)
    a.  Go to the airilne's web page (use google.com or justplanes.com to
locate the web page)
    b.  use a reservations system such as orbitz.com or travelocity.com
3.  lazy way - ask on this list, which, if you follow #1 or #2 above, you will
never do.

As for the photography question: that's a good question for this list, in
addition to doing research on it by using google.com (use such terms as
aircraft photography bangkok).  Unfortunately, I don't know about photography
in Thailand or Hong Kong

There is also a site called planespotting.com that can help (located this
through google.com)

No, I don't work for google.com - I just find it is the best search engine
available.  If it's on the web, it's in google.com

David R