Re: Senators fight privatization of air traffic controllers

I can speak as a user of NavCanada's services.  I've never had a problem.

Last year I had some transponder problems and the controllers were very helpful.  At one point I flew to the edge of the Montreal TCA at a quiet moment and asked for a trasnponder check, and the controller was most helpful (my mode C had gone south).  Then when we flew the plane to an avionics shop in Quebec where mode C is compulsory, we phone first and got permission to enter;  and even were given a special VFR clearance into Quebec due to some lingering fog.

Then on the way out, the controller handling the departure e-mailed me to tell me the transponder worked fine (a friend of mine had flown the plane to Quebec for repairs as I was working).   How's that for service :-)  (of course the controller in question was the former owner of my plane!)

In general it's hard to find a more professional bunch in this country.  In BOTH official languages.

Mike Gammon