Re: Speaking of Montreal...

I've also used Miserabelle  for travel purposes on airlines.  My first trip
was to LHR via BA back in '85. Then in '86, same destination, but on AC.  In
'87 I flew YMX-YYZ-GIG-GRU on Varig (DC10 YMX-GIG, then 747-300 to SAO).  In
'90, to LHR via BA again, then onwards to JNB.  In '94, again LHR on BA and
onwards to JNB.  By '97, when I next went to LHR (this time onwards to AMS),
it was from YUL and also my first ride on a Triple-seven (flown that one on
BA and KE).

Nothing, however, beat having 16 private pilots being ferried out to their
aircraft in a PTV.  Normally I rode those with what seemed like hundreds
jammed in tight.  Of all the commercial flights I took out of Miserabelle,
all but one was on a 747.  The exception was the flight to SAO, on a DC10.

Anecdote:  at one time they were to have a high-speed rail link to
Miserabelle.  Most of the route was on a Canadian National branch line that
was to be upgraded for the job, connecting with an existing electrified
commuter line into Montreal.  There is even, in the basement of the YMX
terminal building, a full rail station that is missing only two things:
rails and trains (I also happen to be a railfan).  Then there was autoroute
13, which stopped quite a few kilometers short.   If a proper high-speed
rail link and highway access been provided from the get-go, the YMX-YUL
story might have had a different conclusion.

I bet in the end YMX ends up the largest uncontrolled airfield in Canada...

Mike Gammon