[no subject]

Columbus was/is an interesting choice of 'hub.'

If you believe that a hub doesn't require any O&D, then Columbus is a
rather smart choice. But it doesn't have any significant O&D traffic,
at least on the scale of Cincy, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas etc.

Haven't both AA and NW tried to make something out of Memphis? TWA of
St. Louis?

.. and I guess the advent of A319/320s that could do transcon with 120
pax and do it profitably made some center country hubs somewhat
insignificant.

Matthew