Re: ILFC Seizes Varig 777 in CDG

I used to work for GE, and while ILFC is the largest lessor of late, AS
used to could claim at one time over 40% of the financned planes in the
air.

The trick is that ILFC leases, GECAS does many more creative structured
finance deals where they may not retain ownership, but have similar
rights to assets.

And the irony is that ILFC in all likelihood works with GE Capital
(albeit a different part of GE Capital) to finance their own
operations, so indirectly, GE Capital (& AS) "owns" more planes than
anyone else.

..