Re: REQ: Ticketing codes

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 02:45  AM, Bryant Petitt wrote:

> ...With the exception of "F" and "Y" pretty much every
> airlines uses whatever letter of the alphabet they
> desire for different fare levels

F, P, A are generally first class

J, C, D are generally business class

Sometimes they get combined on two class aircraft, I imagine it's mostly
to provide simplified pricing for international itineraries that include
both 2 and 3 class aircraft (for example, booking international business
class would get you first class on your domestic, 2 class segments).

I haven't figured out four class aircraft, so I guess I'd go with Mark's
post on that.

Of course, everything on Concorde is first class no matter what letter
is used. :)

--
David Mueller / HNL
dmueller7@lycos.com