Stupid people, stupid times.. And frustration..

We all know we are in deep recession, and people are hurting for jobs,
companies are trying to get an extra dollar of income, local, federal and
state government institutions are trying to cut back on spending, and
increase
their revenue.. etc. etc. etc.

I have been trying to establish a ground school for pilot wannabes and
pilots
who doesn't have their instrument rating. The fact of the matter is, there
aren't
many aviation education places in Seattle area. Those who provide ground
schools
are only at the airports, which is not very convenient for people who come
out of
work after 5pm.

So, I said to myself, what if I bring the ground school to them? Very first
places
that came to mind were University of Washington and Seattle Community
College in
downtown.. After two weeks of negotiations, explaining them what I do, etc.
they
just simply told me that I cannot engage in for profit activity on the
campus.
Guess people who sell Spring Break tickets are much more educational than me
who
wants to provide EDUCATION.
Then I decided to lease a suitable office space.. The best place would be, I
thought,
Bellevue area tapping on the wealth, and lots of Microsoft employees. A day
after my
search I found a great office space, with month to month leases. As usual
the owner
wanted me get a $1mil. liability insurance, as it's customary with leases
like this.

When I started to call the insurance companies, and told them "I was going
to prepare
private pilot or instrument rating candidates for their FAA written exam" I
was asked
if that was related to aviation.. (Well, duhh) .. Some of the agents even
said,
"Why you want to get into aviation? Do you want to educate more
terrorists?". I was
dumbfounded..

I am sick of these stupid people..  and insurance agents..

Oh by the way, if anyone of our members in SEA are know a place that I can
use,
or help me to organize this thing in their office space, would get a free
ground
school...

BAHA ACUNER - CFI,CFII,MEI

www.bahadiracuner.com