Air Canada Commends Its Flight Attendants On Contract Ratification, Marking Conclusion of Integration

Air Canada Commends Its Flight Attendants On Contract Ratification, Marking
Conclusion of Integration

     MONTREAL, Dec. 31 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today commended its flight
attendants on the successful ratification of a new four-year contract for the
airline's 8000 flight attendants. The ratification of the CUPE agreement
formally concludes the integration of Air Canada and Canadian Airlines.
     "This is a landmark agreement for Air Canada. It formally concludes the
integration process and puts in place common labour agreements covering all
major employee groups," said Kevin Howlett, Vice President, Labour Relations
for Air Canada. "Moreover, the ratification of the CUPE agreement is
consistent with our strategy to achieve labour stability and partnerships with
the unions," he added.
     "We commend our flight attendants for ratifying this agreement and offer
our thanks to mediator George Adams for his role in concluding the contract,"
said Mr. Howlett.
     In the past two years, Air Canada management and unionized employees have
achieved common labour agreements with all major employee groups including
pilots, customer sales and services agents, technical services employees and
flight dispatchers.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)
:
escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com