Trip report SJC-SLC-PHX-SLC-SJC

Quick trip report for Sunday and Monday.

SJC-SLC (DL B733)
Older plane with only about 45 people in coach.  I have 20 800-mile =
segment
upgrades that are going to expire on 12/31 so I tried to use.  They said
that my U class ticket was not upgradeable.  I check again at the gate =
and
they told me the same thing.  What a way to win over loyalty when UAL =
does
not have any non-upgradeable fares.  When we boarded and closed the =
door,
guess what, not a single person in first.  The woman next to me waves an =
FA
over and says she is a Medallion member and was not upgraded.  So the FA
says, "please just come up front with me."  I was so pissed and =
complained
at the Crown Room in Salt Lake--surprise, I got nothing out of them.  =
Left
and arrived on time.

SLC-PHX (SkyWest CRJ)
Packed flight that made me think the route used to be operated by a =
larger
a/c.  However, the view of the Grand Canyon more then made up for it.  =
Left
and arrived on time.

PHX-SLC (SkyWest CRJ)
The departure an hour before my flight returned to PHX due to a ground =
hold
at SLC.  The RVR was very low, less then 1000 feet when we landed.  We =
had
stayed on the apron for an hour before we were given our clearance.  =
Flight
was ok, even though the captain gave us they bad news of, "we just came =
down
from Salt Lake, and it was much less then smooth."  It ended up being an =
ok
flight except for the fact that the baby next to me cried the entire =
flight,
however, it was made better now that SkyWest serves alcohol on their
flights.  Arrived an hour late.

SLC-SJC (SDL B738)
Let me say that the Crown Rome at SLC is so wonderful, they even have =
brewed
iced tea!  Checked on my upcoming flight to BCN on Air France.  They
informed me at the Crown Room that upgrades are not available on any =
Skyteam
flight using another carriers miles.  I asked them what the point was of =
the
alliance, and she was like a deer in the headlights.  Go figure.  So
frustrated with the inconsistent service across airline partnerships, =
I'm
fed up.  Purchased a get upgrade for $50, even with my U class ticket =
they
took my money.  Love the -800 series a/c.  Noticed that there was an
electronic key bad entry on the flight deck door.  Anyone know if this =
is
new?  Great flight!  Left and arrived on time.