Re: Ex-ATA CEO

Brian,

"Stan" was there during 1995/6, after Tague and George got into it.  Tague
came back after George got ticked off at "Stan".  George subsequently got
ticked off at Tague again, and there you are.

- Bob Mann

Brian Rynott wrote:

> Anyone know who this is? It's from Bain & Co. website. I though George
> Mikellson and John Tague were the only two CEOs at ATA.
>
> Brian
>
> Stan, Director | Dallas
>
> Stan is a Director of Bain & Company's Dallas office. Over the past 20
> years, he has advised senior managers in a wide range of industries
> including airlines, consumer products, computers, semiconductors, defense
> and aerospace.
>
> Stan's work in these industries has emphasized corporate strategy and
> turnaround management. He is currently the firm leader of the airline and
> corporate transformation practice areas. He has also been extensively
> involved in firm governance.
>
> Stan obtained his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, where he graduated
> with high distinction. He received a Bachelor of Science degree from Brigham
> Young University and the University of Utah, where he graduated as
> Valedictorian.
>
> Recently, Stan temporarily left Bain & Company to lead the turnaround of
> American Trans Air (ATA) as CEO. ATA is the largest US charter airline and
> the tenth largest US passenger airline. Over the approximate one year period
> in which Stan led ATA, cash balances tripled, profitability was restored and
> stock price rose over 50%.

- R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
  Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280
  mailto:RWM@RWMann.com       >>  URL http://www.RWMann.com/