Re: Boarding pass requirement could mean more waiting

Albert Pagliacci wrote:

>Z Class on AC is not "Youth Standby". It's a consolidator fare class. Since the beginning of this year, it's ineligible for mileage accumulation. That explains why your Mileage Plus number does not register in the booking.

It's ineligible for Aeroplan miles.  I haven't seen anything that would
disqualify it from Mileage Plus, though.

>Paper tickets are issued by TravelCUTS because they control the booking and ticketing on these fares. If you needed to make changes, only TravelCUTS can do it.
>
>FWIW, TravelCUTS tickets have gone up so much in price since the AC/CP
>merger that sometimes you're better off buying an L Class ticket (published discount economy) and get your miles.

My route is 331 actual miles, it doesn't mean that much to me, and I
don't fly enough segments to get anywhere close to status :>  I've
bought L/Q class tickets in the past, but I tend to opt for the Z-class
ones nowadays because, to change them, is just 25USD + difference in
fare, which usually isn't even applicable, since Z-class has no advance
purchase requirement, and only a Friday night stay.  I changed my return
last year during winter break to come back here early (went into the
office Jan. 2 to change from the 6th to the 4th), and there's a chance
that I'll have to change the return again this year.  For the extra cost
(this time, T-cuts was $40 cheaper than the published), the flexibility
is certainly worth it.
Matthew :)