Re: Gate check-in being phased out (via PS Inform)

Baha is correct in that fewer bad things should get through -- in fact,
I am tempted to put something like this on my final exam in Finite Math.
The real question is whether this is the best use of resources.

If the gate checks catch very few additional problems, maybe it might make
sense to put additional screeners out at the entry to the concourse and
reduce the time the pax stand in line outside security.

If the gate checks are catching a significant amount of problems, then it
may be worth having them, but then David's point needs to be taken --
what's going wrong up front (or at some other airport)?

In other words, someone at TSA or FAA needs to do a serious study of this.
"Data, I must have data" is what Sherlock Holmes said.

john

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.
Department of Mathematics