Re: Gate check-in being phased out (via PS Inform)

On 23 Nov 2002 at 9:54, David Ross wrote:

> What does it matter if you get the boarding pass at the gate or
> outsideof the "secured" area?  You still need a ticket to get in.

The reason for all this boarding pass stuff is that TSA wants to remove the
secondary screening from the gate area. They are going to rely on the airlines'
computers to apply the profiling data and to mark the boarding passes as such.
They will also be doing the so-called "random" screenings, selecting people based
on unpublished criteria.

Speaking of profiling, I learned something else recently. If you codeshare you can
absolutely count on being luggage searched and gate(or wherever) searched. It was
recently explained to me, on CO at least, that any passenger appearing with a ticket
on stock other than the airline in use, is automatically flagged for full security
screenings.

So if you book a NW codeshare on CO, through NW of course, you can bet the
ranch you will be hassled.

This totally kills the cross-marketing codeshare thing, when travelers realize this
they will avoid it like the plague.

mailto:jgivens@comcast.net

A random MP quote:
"American beer is like making love in a canoe...it's *** close to water!"