Couple says home plastered by airplane waste

Couple says home plastered by airplane waste

FREEPORT, Pa. (AP) =97 The Federal Aviation Administration was attempting to=
=20
determine if lavatory waste from a passenger jet splattered a home and yard=
=20
in Armstrong County. Nina Cadamore said on Nov. 13, she found purple, blue=
=20
and black clumps covering her South Buffalo Township home, sidewalk,=20
swimming pool cover and her mother-in-law's car. It has not been determined=
=20
if any other homes in the area were affected. US Airways sent a cleanup=20
crew to Cadamore's house on Monday, but insisted it was not one of their=20
planes. At higher altitudes, leaks have formed in jet lavatories and as the=
=20
jet descends, the ice formed at high altitudes warms and begins to fall off=
=20
the plane, said FAA spokeswoman Holly Baker. The FAA's Allegheny County=20
flight standards office is investigating to determine if the material is in=
=20
fact "blue ice," a term for airline lavatory waste, and whether it can be=20
traced to a single plane, Baker said.

If it can be determined that the material came from one jet, the owner=20
would be responsible for the damage caused to Cadamore's property, she=20
said. It is illegal for airlines to dump lavatory waste while in flight. US=
=20
Airways spokesman David Castelveter said the company decided to clean the=20
house and property because it is the region's largest carrier, not because=
=20
it feels responsible. "We were unable to determine that any of our aircraft=
=20
did discharge waste," he said. "However, we felt an obligation to work with=
=20
the individual to have the house cleaned."

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)
escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(chgdev) http://www.chagdev.com/
(Chaguaramas Development Authority)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt