Re: DLs Low Cost

One thing that most airlines failed in their 'pissing in the soup'
strategies was that they didn't control customer expectations.

United-Lite was (I'm guessing here) simply sold as a "cheaper" United.
Expectations for hub-n-spoke, re-routing, luggage connections, meals
etc, were never tempered. Customer satisfaction is in the pits and it
goes down hill from there.

One thing AC did that was different (and therefore contradicts my
previous comment), was Tango was very specifically identified as being
different. No connections, no hub-n-spoking, no connecting baggage,
"all extras are optional." They even put Tango flights at opposite ends
of the the terminal and in some cases (Toronto), they moved Tango to a
different terminal a mile away!

Other than flying under AC's air-certificate, it was a different
airline. You can't even see Tango's flights on AC's (or even Star
Alliance's) flight schedules.

Though it is odd to see an old CP A320 in Tango livery sitting at
O'Hare doing a ORD-YYZ run as an AC jet with AC seating.

Matthew