More than 100 arrested at N.Y. airports

NEW YORK (AP) =97 In a massive sweep at the city's two major airports, 118=
=20
current and former workers were charged Tuesday with gaining access to=20
secure areas by lying about their backgrounds.  Investigators found no=20
evidence any of the defendants used security identification badges and U.S.=
=20
Customs Service seals to commit crimes at John F. Kennedy International=20
Airport or LaGuardia Airport.  But they insisted the crackdown was needed=20
to secure the airports against terrorism.  "Just as we would not allow a=20
passenger to board a flight with a bogus identification, we will not=20
tolerate airport employees who lie in connection with a vital step in our=20
airport security procedures," U.S. Attorney  Roslynn Mauskopf said at a=20
news conference.  Similar sweeps have been made at airports across the=20
nation.  Most of the defendants face charges of falsifying job applications=
=20
by using fake names and Social Security numbers or by withholding criminal=
=20
history. At least nine suspects were wanted in other crimes, including one=
=20
sought on a child rape charge from 1986.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)
escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(chgdev) http://www.chagdev.com/
(Chaguaramas Development Authority)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt